The Male Survivor program provides counselling support for men who have experienced childhood sexual violence as they address the impact of that violence and work to heal.
Goals & Objectives:
- Provide a judgement free space where male victims of sexual violence can begin to heal
- Encourage and empower men to find the strength to take back their lives
Is This Program for Me?
- You are 18 years of age or older; and
- You are a male who has experienced sexual abuse as a child or teen. What is sexual abuse? If someone in a position of trust or authority:
- touched you in a sexual way
- forced you to touch their sexual body parts
- made you look at or pose for pornography
- exposed themselves to you or watched you undress in a way that made you feel uncomfortable
- used force, bribes, or threats to make you do sexual things
What We Offer:
- Individual counselling for men who experienced sexual abuse as children or teens.
- In-person available in Owen Sound only, or virtual appointments (usually evenings and weekends)
How Do I Get Connected?
Referrals from a professional are not necessary. Anyone can self-refer.
All program registration can be completed by calling the Men’s Program office at 519-372-2720 or by emailing Jon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
The waitlist varies. Please contact the program for more information.
- 1026 2nd Ave. East, Owen Sound, Ontario or via virtual appointment