Family Support fosters networking and peer support among family members or loved ones of those living with a serious mental illness. Family can be defined as partners, parents, children, siblings and/or friends of an individual living with serious mental illness.
Family support workers have lived experience supporting a family member or loved one with mental illness. The worker can assist with system navigation, boundary setting, instilling hope, self-care, advocacy, resource connections, general listening, and skill development. Groups offer opportunities to meet people with similar challenges helping to nurture feelings of strength and togetherness.
Goals & Objectives:
- Equip family members who are supporting a loved one with serious mental illness with information, education, and consultation to foster self-help, peer support and networking.
- Promote effective communication and coordination amongst system stakeholders.
Is This Program for Me?
- You are 16 years of age or older.
- You are a family member or loved one of an individual living with a serious mental illness.
What We Offer:
- One-to-one support and consultation to assist those struggling with mental health and or substance use to access needed services and to navigate the mental health system.
- Family Support workers facilitate psycho-educational support groups and workshops.
- We operate a free lending library, which offers educational resources regarding mental health and overall well-being.
How Do I Get Connected?
- Anyone can make a referral. For more information, please call the office at 519-371-3642 (or toll-free at 1-888-451-2642).
- Call our Central Referral and Intake Team at 519-371-3642 ext. 3212. This team is available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
Wait times for this program vary based on a variety of factors. Please call our office for the current projected wait time.
- 1024 2nd Ave. East, Owen Sound, Ontario
- Other locations throughout Grey Bruce as per scheduled request