Counselling support for youth who are concerned about their own or someone else’s substance use. Counsellors work directly with youth and their families at various high schools and office settings throughout Grey Bruce.
Goals & Objectives:
- To support youth and their families with their substance use concerns while working to improve their health and well-being
- To develop recovery goals to manage substance use & mental health issues
- To take a client centered approach to therapy by supporting each client with their own unique goals (some to abstain, some to help manage/reduce use of substance, some harm reduction)
Is This Program for Me?
- You are between the ages of 12 and 20 and struggling with substance use issues or are concerned about someone else’s substance use
- You are parents/guardians who are impacted by substance use
- You must reside in the Grey Bruce area
- You must be willing to participate in the program and engage with your counsellor
What We Offer:
- Counselling for youth
- Assessment & referral
- Counselling for parents/caregivers
- Education and clinical consultation
- Connection and collaboration with other support services as needed
How Do I Get Connected?
- Anyone can refer (self-referral, primary care provider, emergency room staff, family or concerned other, etc.), as long as the individual consents and is willing to attend services.
- Call our Central Referral and Intake team at 519-371-3642 ext. 3212. This team is available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
Wait times can vary depending on a variety of factors (acuity of situation, number of referrals received, location and delivery format).
Services are offered throughout Bruce and Grey Counties. Choices provides outreach to high schools in the following communities: Flesherton, Hanover, Kincardine, Lion’s Head, Markdale, Meaford, Owen Sound, Port Elgin, Southampton, Walkerton and Wiarton.