One in five of us will experience a mental health problem by the age of 24.
Do you know how to help?
First Aid is the help given to an injured person before medical treatment can be obtained. Mental Health First Aid is the help given to someone developing a mental health problem or is experiencing a mental health crisis until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis is resolved. Mental health problems often first develop during adolescence or early adulthood, with half of all mental disorders beginning by age 14, and 75% beginning by age 24. This course does not teach you to be a therapist, or counsellor but in 14 hours you will learn:
- To identify when a person may be in danger
- Basic actions for mental health first aid
- Information on effective intervention and treatments
- Where and how to get help locally
- Signs and symptoms of the following common mental health problems and how to provide help in the following crisis situations:
Mental Health Problems Crisis Situations
Substance abuse disorders Overdose
Eating Disorders Suicidal Behaviour
Anxiety disorders Panic Attacks
Psychosis Acute Psychosis
Mood Disorders Reactions to traumatic events
Each training includes lunch, coffee and refreshments. Each participant will receive a training certificate, wallet card and course manual.
Register at: https://www.zeffy.com/en-CA/ticketing/30aca98d-43ed-4a48-9609-93d9940e7486