My Dad’s Group is a weekly positive parenting program for men with kids in their lives. Over the 10-13 sessions, the group will explore the importance of Dads, the ages and stages of childhood development, co-parenting, emotional regulation and managing triggers, parenting strategies, and common successes and challenges of parenting.
Goals & Objectives:
- Provide a supportive environment for men to learn about, accept, and embrace their roles and responsibilities as fathers or male role model in enhancing the well-being of their children.
Is This Program for Me?
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You are male with kids in your life who you care for in some capacity.
- You are interested in joining a positive parenting program.
What We Offer:
- Weekly sessions begin with a meal and are followed by a two-hour facilitated conversation.
- Groups are cofacilitated with the Men’s Program and Bruce Grey Child and Family Services staff.
- With sufficient interest, a small number of co-parenting sessions for men and their co-parents / partners may be available following the regular group series.
How Do I Get Connected?
Anyone can make a referral or self-refer to the program. All program registration can be completed by calling the Men’s Program office at 519-372-2720 or by emailing Jon at email@example.com.
When you register, you’ll be asked:
- Phone number and/ or email
- Whether they would prefer Owen Sound or Hanover group
- Dietary restrictions
- A quick description of your family and current circumstance (number of kids, whether you’re coparenting etc.) and why you’re interested in the group now
- Whether any of your children are involved with Bruce Grey Child and Family Services
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
The program runs three times a year with groups usually starting in January, April, and September.
- Mondays in Owen Sound (1026 2nd Ave. East, Owen Sound, Ontario)
- Tuesdays in Hanover (425 10th Street, Hanover, Ontario)
Groups run from 6-8:30 p.m. once per week.