The Grey Bruce Friends and Neighbours (FAN) Club program is a children’s mental health awareness program for children ages 4 to 11 using child-sized hand and rod puppets to discuss social issues affecting them.
- A typical presentation is 30-45 minutes in length and consists of introductory activities, a puppet skit and a question and answer period.
- Recommended audience size is up to 5 classes at a time and preferably split into primary and junior presentations if possible.
- There is no set fee for a FAN Club presentation however, donations to CMHA Grey Bruce in care of the program are always gratefully accepted. A suggested donation is $100 per presentation.
To book a presentation or to become a volunteer puppeteer, please contact Jackie Ralph, FAN Club coordinator by phone at 519-371-3642 ext. 188 or by email at email@example.com.
- “Three’s a Picnic” – Learning about Friendship and Respect
- “Simon Says” – Learning about Good Manners
- “Halloween by Numbers” – Halloween Safety
- “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire” – Fire Prevention and Safety
- “Police are our Friends” – Community Safety
Primary and Junior Presentations
- “Wayne Gretzky is My Hero” – Coping with Bullies
- “Lisasaurus Rex” – Dealing with “Girl” bullying
- “No Brakes for Jason” – Learning about ADHD
- “Anchors Away” – Learning the difference between secrets and surprises (tattling vs. reporting)
- “Not for Me” – Prevention of underage smoking
- “Throwing out the Garbage” – Learning about self-esteem
- “Pulled Around” – the importance of talking about your feelings and/or coping with divorce and separation (featuring information about the Rainbows program)
- “Hot Potato” – Dealing with Anger and/or Talking about Family Violence
- “The Peace Pennant” – For military families: Talking about Deployment
- “Kathylocks and the Three Dads” – For military families: Talking about returning home
- “Let’s Learn about Alzheimer’s” – presented to Grade 4 classes only in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Society of Grey and Bruce
Thank you to our FAN Club sponsors
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Bruce Power
- United Way of Bruce Grey
- Community Foundation of Grey Bruce
- Ontario Power Generation
- Meridian Credit Union
- Kiwanis Club of Owen Sound
- Eva Leflar Foundation
- McDonald’s Restaurants
“Thanks for coming to the group today! I just had to tell you that my son came home talking about sending letters to people he knows as Chatty Jackie said. He is very impressed that you were “at mommy’s work” today! Lol
Thanks for being such a light! You reach so many!! “