The Grey Bruce Friends and Neighbours (FAN) Club program is a children’s mental health awareness program for children ages 4 to 11 using child-sized hand and rod puppets to discuss social issues affecting them.
- A typical presentation is 30-45 minutes in length and consists of introductory activities, a puppet skit and a question and answer period.
- Recommended audience size is up to 5 classes at a time and preferably split into primary and junior presentations if possible.
- There is no set fee for a FAN Club presentations however, donations to CMHA Grey Bruce in care of the program are always gratefully accepted. A suggested donation is $100 per presentation.
To book a presentation or to become a volunteer puppeteer, please contact Jackie Ralph, FAN Club coordinator by phone at 519-371-3642 ext. 188 or by email at email@example.com.
- “Three’s a Picnic” – Learning about Friendship and Respect
- “Simon Says” – Learning about Good Manners
- “Halloween by Numbers” – Halloween Safety
- “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire” – Fire Prevention and Safety
- “Police are our Friends” – Community Safety
Primary and Junior Presentations
- “Wayne Gretzky is My Hero” – Coping with Bullies
- “Lisasaurus Rex” – Dealing with “Girl” bullying
- “No Brakes for Jason” – Learning about ADHD
- “Anchors Away” – Learning the difference between secrets and surprises (tattling vs. reporting)
- “Not for Me” – Prevention of underage smoking
- “Throwing out the Garbage” – Learning about self-esteem
- “Pulled Around” – the importance of talking about your feelings and/or coping with divorce and separation (featuring information about the Rainbows program)
- “Hot Potato” – Dealing with Anger and/or Talking about Family Violence
- “The Peace Pennant” – For military families: Talking about Deployment
- “Kathylocks and the Three Dads” – For military families: Talking about returning home
- “Let’s Learn about Alzheimer’s” – presented to Grade 4 classes only in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Society of Grey and Bruce
Thank you to our FAN Club sponsors
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Bruce Power
- United Way of Bruce Grey
- Community Foundation of Grey Bruce
- Ontario Power Generation
- Meridian Credit Union
- Kiwanis Club of Owen Sound
- Eva Leflar Foundation
- McDonalds Restaurants