ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop that prepares caregivers to provide suicide first aid interventions skills while helping to build suicide prevention networks in the community. Small group discussions and skills practice are based on adult learning principles.
Who can attend?
All caregivers, formally designated or not; minimum age 16 years.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- Understand how beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- Seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- Review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behavior for an agreed amount of time
- Follow up on safety commitments, accessing further help as needed
To book training or find out when the next training will take place call 519-371-3642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org