New Directions counsellors support adults who are concerned about their own or someone else’s substance use or gambling.
Goals & Objectives:
- To support individuals with their substance use concerns while working to improve their health and well-being
- To develop recovery goals to manage substance use & mental health issues
- To take a client centered approach to therapy by supporting each client with their own unique goals (some to abstain, some to help manage/reduce use of substance, some harm reduction)
Is This Program for Me?
- You are at least 18 years of age and are concerned about your own or someone else’s substance use or gambling.
- You must be willing to participate in the program and engage with your counsellor
What We Offer:
- 1:1 counselling (in-person, virtual or phone appointments)
- Addictions focused Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) group
How Do I Get Connected?
Anyone can make a referral (self-referral, primary care provider, emergency room visit, crisis worker, family member or concerned other etc.), as long as the individual consents and is willing to enter into the program.
Please call our Central Referral and Intake team at 519-371-3642 ext. 3212. This team is available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
Wait times can vary depending on a variety of factors (the acuity of the situation, the number of referrals received, and the location and delivery format).
- Grey and Bruce Counties