The Concurrent Disorders counsellors provide community support to adults who have co-occurring diagnoses of serious mental illness (schizophrenia or other psychotic disorder, bipolar disorder, or major depression with psychotic features) and substance use disorders. A trauma informed approach to treatment planning is used and individualized recovery goals are co-developed with clients.
Goals & Objectives:
- To improve the health and well-being of individuals living with substance use issues
- To assist clients in developing recovery goals to manage substance use & mental health issues
- To support a client centered approach to therapy by respecting the clients individualized goals that might include abstinence, harm reduction and/or relapse prevention planning
Is This Program for Me?
- You are at least 18 years of age with both a serious mental illness and a substance use disorder
- You must be willing to participate in the program and engage with your counsellor
What We Offer:
- 1:1 counselling (in-person, virtual or phone appointments)
- Trauma informed assessment, treatment planning, and counselling
- Education and clinical consultation
- Connection and collaboration with other support services as needed
- Case management, advocacy, case conferencing and referral
- Group therapy
How Do I Get Connected?
Anyone can make a referral (self-referral, primary care provider, emergency room visit, crisis worker, family member or concerned other etc.), as long as the individual consents and is willing to enter into the program.
Please call our Central Referral and Intake team at 519-371-3642 ext. 3212. This team is available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
Wait times can vary depending on a variety of factors (the acuity of the situation, the number of referrals received, and the location and delivery format).
- Hanover Office (425 10th Street, Hanover, Ontario)
- Kincardine Office (865 Queen Street, Kincardine, Ontario)
- Markdale Office (55 Victoria Avenue, Markdale, Ontario)
- Owen Sound Office (1101 2nd Ave. East, Suite 207, Owen Sound, Ontario)
- Southampton Office (353 high Street, Southampton, Ontario)