This program provides supported group living in two homes and one 6-unit apartment building. Independent skills training, assistance with activities of daily living, supporting individual recovery and working towards self-identified goals are key components of Residential Services.
We support individuals to gain and enhance interpersonal and life skills needed to lead satisfying, fulfilling and purposeful lives in the community of their choosing. When living in the home, residents receive one-to-one support as well as group support. This support includes:
- Assisting residents in all aspects of their recovery.
- Providing practical assistance while building life skills.
- Identifying opportunities to find meaningful roles in their community.
- Assist clients to live as independently as possible.
- Provide employment related supports.
- Link clients to appropriate mental health, social and medical services.
We support adults who live with a serious mental illness in either Owen Sound or Wiarton. We also have a six-unit apartment building (Riverview Apartments) located in downtown Owen Sound, where outreach support is provided by team members.
Referrals for Residential Services can be made by anyone and should be directed to the Central Intake Worker at our Community Connections office located in Owen Sound.
Our office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Individuals may call to book an appointment.
Contact Residential Services:
Toll-Free: 1-888-451-CMHA (2642)
Visit our Contact Us page to know more!
1105 1st Avenue East, Owen Sound, ON N4K 2E2