You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Pregnant and/or Parenting
The Pregnant and/or Parenting program supports women and men who are pregnant and/or parenting children ages 6 and under, who are impacted by their own or someone else’s substance use.
Goals & Objectives:
- To support individuals with their substance use concerns while working to improve their health and well-being
- To develop recovery goals to manage substance use & mental health issues
- To take a client centered approach to therapy by supporting each client with their own unique goals (some to abstain, some to help manage/reduce use of substance, some harm reduction)
Is This Program for Me?
- You are 16 years of age or older.
- You are pregnant and/or parenting children (6 years of age or under) and are impacted by your own or someone else’s substance use. May be working towards access, and/or involved with Child Protective Services.
- You must reside in the Grey Bruce area
- You must be willing to participate in the program and engage with your counsellor
What We Offer:
- Trauma informed assessment, and treatment planning
- 1:1 counselling (in-person, virtual or phone appointments)
- Groups are run intermittently in collaboration with community partners
- Advocacy, support, case conferencing and referrals
- Harm reduction and relapse prevention planning
How Do I Get Connected?
Anyone can make a referral (self-referral, primary care provider, emergency room visit, crisis worker, family member or concerned other etc.), as long as the individual consents and is willing to enter into the program.
Please call our Central Referral and Intake team at 519-371-3642 ext. 3212. This team is available 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Is There a Cost for This Program?
There is no cost for this program.
Is There a Waitlist for This Program?
Wait times can vary depending on a variety of factors (the acuity of the situation, the number of referrals received, and the location and delivery format).
- Hanover Office (425 10th Street, Hanover, Ontario)
- Owen Sound Office (1101 2nd Ave. East, Suite 207, Owen Sound, Ontario)
- Outreach and home visits across Grey and Bruce Counties